HOUSE OF MALIQ

Online Magazine

click

Saturday 24 March 2012

Featuring - Yvonne Vixen Ekwere

I've seen a great deal of fashion change in the Nigeria entertainment industry and Yvonne Vixen Ekwere is one of them.We adore her in many ways ,i call her "The red carpet queen" .She is talented,stylish and very ambitious,she always wear dresses she feel good and comfortable in.Am thrilled,her style got a good expression of her image .Check out her style interview.
Yvonne Vixen Ekwere

 HOUSE OF MALIQ EX- Introduce yourself?


Her real Yvonne,a Talented, fun loving, laid back and down to earth lady from Akwa-Ibom state. I'm the last child out of 7 girls, grew up in a music oriented family 5 singing sisters, parents who were entertainment enthusiasts and and Aunt who is a Nollywood icone (Liz Benson). I'm currently an entertainment correspondent and news producer with Silverbird Tv and Co- host of popular tv show 'E-weekly on stv'. before my Tv job I co-hosted a radio show called the dance party on rhythm93.7 with wildchild now known as IK. 
Beyond Television presenting I'm a showbiz/ image consultant and C.E.O of a handcrafted jewelry line called ' I-Bling'. I'm what you would call an all round showbiz personality.

 HOUSE OF MALIQ EX -Fashion-?: Fashion is what an individual makes of it! Its an expression of creative thoughts on to fabric, creating multiple avenues for individual style.

HOUSE OF MALIQ EX -  Signature style?
I'm like a kaleidoscope, I change often and what I wear is solely based on how I feel but I always keep my pieces comfortable, sexy, classic and memorable!

HOUSE OF MALIQ EX - Shopping-?
 hahahaha I can't reveal that secret! But I buy at random, anywhere I see something I like and can afford, I buy it!

HOUSE OF MALIQ EX - Favourite Fragrance-?
WOMANITY by thierry Mugler!!! I can never get enough of it! Its an addiction!


HOUSE OF MALIQ EX - Best compliment you've ever recieved-?
" U are not a woman, u are an essence! U hav risen frm on-air personality to Style Icon and fingers crossed, E! is waitin to receive u soon!" - Denrele (Tv Personality) 



HOUSE OF MALIQ EX- How have you able to stay fashionable without spending a lot of money?
keeping up with fashion entails a lot of 'money spending' but thank God for a few stylists and Nigerian designers I work with! They create or assemble outfits for me for little or no cost at all! (smiles)

HOUSE OF MALIQ EX - 3 important things every ladies should have-? 
A wrist watch, crisp white tailored shirt, black skirt or trousers, a pair of jeans, black and red pumps, pearls, deodorant, intimate wash or wipes, facial cleanser, toner and moisturizer and dental floss! 
HOUSE OF MALIQ EX - What do you think about Shoes, especially heels-? : 
I love heels! I'm not big on shoes at all but I think heels help a woman with the perfect posture and gait, every woman should own one!

HOUSE OF MALIQ EX - Things people do not know about you-?
 LOL several things! I wrote my first wrap song at age 15, and recorded a track produced by 'freestyle' of trybesmen at 17yrs old; that I featured in a first Tv advert for DBN at age 9; that I'm a tomboy who hates makeup and I go to the office in a T-shirt and a pair of jeans, that I have posh and local split personalities.(laughing)
 HOUSE OF MALIQ EX - Who world wide in the entertainment do you consider a great fashion icon-? : Elizabeth Taylor, Anna Wintour and Victoria Beckham.


HOUSE OF MALIQ EX - What would you never be caught wearing-?: 
hahaha u never can tell these days! Fashion is becoming very unpredictable. But I always say I'll never try a lace front wig *yuck* 

HOUSE OF MALIQ - What 5 items do you always have in your purse?
 *My cell phone * My inhaler * A bottle of perfume * A mini make up kit * Breadth fresher or mint 

HOUSE OF MALIQ EX -Do you see yourself becoming a designer?: 
That is very possible as I've already started designing my 'MBOK' slogan t-shirts. So other clothing items may be in the pipeline!

HOUSE OF MALIQ EX -What makes a woman beautiful?
 Beauty comes from within; a pretty face and a terrible attitude never match! I believe true beauty is when a woman has a pleasant personality an intelligent mind and positive attitude towards others.

HOUSE OF MALIQ - What bad habit drives you crazy? 
Nose picking, feet dragging and snoring (laughing)

HOUSE OF MALIQ EX -favourite designers?
I love a lot of local and foreign brands, I would want to be bias
By mentioning names. As long as the design is unique, Feminine, edgy and classy... I'm sold!


HOUSE OF MALIQ EX - What's the best fashion advice you can impact on our readers? 
Never follow the crowd! Style is an identity, find what works for you and stick to it! Be comfortable in your own skin, pleasing others over yourself will lead to failure and eventually self loathing! So BE YOU .

15 comments:

  1. Cool hahahha i never knew she use to be a tomboy wow.there is not even a trace of it.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two outfit are really lovely..nice blog maliq

    ReplyDelete
  3. fashion fashion.Who is designs her cloths pls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is turning me on haba!!!! you won kill us with fine fine women "wink"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is maliq featuring next? Nice interview,really interesting of "things people do not know about you" wow one can never tell she used to be such boring

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish you yvonne all the best for you E news dream.I must say you are doing good.your style always rock my world never give up hun

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is always having her hands on her waist..can she just give a more nicer pose than that

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know her ..she also feature in videos,she was in Gholdie's video

    ReplyDelete
  9. I rep House of maliqqqqqqqq

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chukwudum HarryDennis Onyedum26 March 2012 at 06:12

    Yeah, dats right. She always so gorgeous a couple of times av seen her on red carpet. big ups to her

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taiye Oyesanmi ·26 March 2012 at 06:13

    great color palette, girl has great taste. Eye catching and the combo works she definitely stands out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nnabuike Kingsley26 March 2012 at 06:14

    Chika u r so beautiful and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  13. loved your outfits, the most perfect combinations ever

    ReplyDelete
  14. she's pretty and got an adorable smile

    ReplyDelete